Thursday, October 1, 2009

Believing

Am wondering how to keep going,
The journey has been so long, so far eight years,
And I'm not through yet,
Still more to come,
How much longer?

I know, at least two point five.
So my goal is to make it that far.
I will need help that's for sure,
And encouragement, and faith, and trust,
And to know that someone believes I can succeed,
Even when I want to give up.

I'm believe, or at least trying,
Sometimes that's all I can do, is try to believe,
That You are here, encouraging, having faith, trusting, and believing in me.

I sometime forget that You are always here,
Wanting to hold me, and help me,
And try to do it on my own,
Sometimes I feel like I might be close to getting it right,
But then I mess up.

That's why I wear "Imperfect" on my finger,
As a reminder that I'm (not) perfect,
That You are,
And that I can stretch out my hand and You will take hold of it and not let go.

So I'm here believing You are here,
Wanting and almost feeling a hug of encouragement,
And resting in Your arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment